Thursday, October 11, 2012

Spinning Hamster

Oh boy. I haven't shown up here in a long time, and now the effort of writing something, writing anything, seems monumental. The truth is that I have had just so much of life and work and URGENT pressing in on me that I haven't been able to string complete sentences together in my own head, let alone carry a thought to its completion, let alone have intelligent conversation. Really, you should be thanking me for not even trying to blog in the past few weeks.

We have been exhausted, tired down to our bones. And I'm pretty weary of all of my thoughts and energy going towards The House and decisions about electrical systems and heating systems and all the necessary bones of a home. We may be significantly boosting Home Depot's sales. First world problems. I just want all of this to be done, and have a bit of paint on the walls (hey, I'd settle for simply having walls in parts of the house) so that I can get on to more important matters. There is a very small possibility that I'm not being very gracious right now. All of this spinning, like a hamster on a wheel, has been skewing my perspective. It's easy to feel like I'm labouring without doing anything important (like this, for example).

Next post: photos. The house, the wonderful wedding of Aidan and Heidi, the kids. I promise.

1 comment:

  1. Laboring without doing anything important!? Besides the party-line that you are a wife/mom and that is important, you are providing great blogging for the people and child quotes on FB that make us all cry laughing. How else are we supposed to learn that SHARKS EAT WOMANS? There will always be the poor in Haiti, but those smart-a baby quotes only last a few short years. :)
    Love you
    A

    ReplyDelete