Friday, October 19, 2012

Photo Dump

Before I show you the promised pics, I offer a quick vignette.

Last night, we were sitting around the dinner table as an exhale, together at the end of a day that was haphazardly sewn together with
work and play
a toy store and renovation plans (you're welcome, Home Depot)
math and reading
laughter and screams
sing-song stories and policing ("MOM! He called me 'stupid' again!")
Lego and Angry Birds
snacks and sharing
enjoying the general cacophony of life and love shared. Annalyn was quietly singing 'Holy Holy Holy Lord,' her fingers covered in tomato sauce and planted firmly in her nose. Yup, this is my life. I'll tie it all up with a bow and give thanks.

***
*gulp* Here we go.
hosting an extended family breakfast
Adriel and Annalyn: Beach Babes
chillin' with Uncle Stephan, probably learning bad words
brother & sister
When I got Silas dressed on the morning of the wedding, he grinned at me and said "Mom, everyone is going to look and me and say 'You look SO COOL!'" Then, after he beautifully performed his duties as 'Ring Bear,' he came and sat down next to me and announced loudly, 'Mom, I did a great job!' The kid speaks truth, without any false modesty.
Aidan and Heidi!
Rigel
Mom & Dad Ifland, Grandma & Grandpa Davies, the newlyweds
the sisters
the party
Forest
 Halfway down the aisle, she just dumped out her basket. The girl is efficient.
Yay!
Homebrew root beer at the reception. Seth's funny wedding moment was during the processional (the processional!), as he was sitting next to me, working on a word search themed on the solar system. "Jupiter, Saturn, Venus ... Hey MOM! Venus rhymes with P.....!!"
fathers of the newlyweds
play/school room (because in our home, learning=fun)

bedroom view
deck
girl
10 years of dating! My boyfriend took me out for Thai food and my first Seattle Symphony concert. I have such a crush on him.

2 comments:

  1. I love these! My fav is the last one, though... you are such a hot mama! Are you allowed out of the house in that short of a skirt though? How were you raised, anyway? ;-)

    We are still saying "MOM, I did a GREAT job!" here, as well as "HEY! VENUS RHYMES WITH..." :D And, I already say "no. No! No, no no no no no no no!" all the time, so I'm not going to credit Annalyn with that one. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic pictures. Wow. That dress is beautiful on Annalyn. My favorite is seeing Seth's poem on the wall. It is so Seth! I can see him smiling at himself while reading it. Clever lad.

    ReplyDelete