Wednesday, September 26, 2012

We're in

We moved in on Saturday!

It has been a miraculous whirlwind, and Orion and I are a bit too tired to think straight, but we're here. We have had amazing, beautiful help.  The house is still pretty chaotic, and electricians are ripping it apart to wire it up right. But we're here.

I'm itching for the setting-up phase to be over so that we can settle in to normal. See how even when whirlwind, miraculous interventions happen in my life, I'm still yearning? Seriously, Rebecca. So I need to stop, breathe, and give thanks. Give thanks! Even when I can't find the flour or a clean towel, choose to give thanks.

Each of the kids has taken their turn with a 12-hour Vomit Day in the past week, and a wee part of me has been thankful. Their sickness has forced some of the House Stuff to just quiet down take a back seat to cuddles and hugs, and I've literally needed to spend time rubbing little backs, stroking their foreheads and looking into their eyes.  It has been good for my heart. Too bad they've felt lousy.

That's about all I've got for tonight -- Orion's banging around in the basement, removing some bookcases, and I need to clear enough space to walk across the floor.

1 comment:

  1. You're in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It will all get easier from here!!!
    Congratulations on your new home. You truly are an incredible woman to see the goodness of God in a 24 hour flu. :-)

    ReplyDelete