Thursday, August 8, 2013

Theodore








Theodore: divine gift
Alvin (my dad's name): friend

You are here, and you are perfect. Two weeks, and our worlds are completely upside down while being completely right and overflowing. You did not emerge to breathe the free air when expected, or as expected, and your labour was not what I expected (silly me, to think I knew what labour would look like, or to think that by the fourth time around I could have some control over it). You were born at home, and we know that the Lord was good to us.

Your dad has been taking incredible care of all of us, of me, so I can take care of you. And you are thriving. These are days of bleary eyes and unfinished sentences, of tears and quiet. There are moments when I am rubbed raw and figuring out how to meet 17 simultaneous needs (melt downs), and there are moments of deep peace and fierce gratitude.

I love you, little man. I am so glad to be your mommy.

2 comments:

  1. beautiful words Rebecca. I miss you so much-your sincerity and love. -Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your little one. I really enjoy reading your blog. You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete