Wednesday, December 12, 2012

My Joyful One is two

Orion and I were too sick to make a cake, but my Annalyn Joy turned two today anyway. Little ice cream cones, lacking candles, sufficed as celebration enough for our droopy eyes and slimy noses, systems racked with fever and chills. She didn't complain once, my little girl, but instead I got a lot of extra cuddles. They won't last long enough.

I remember sitting in church on this morning two years ago. It was then, as now, Advent, and I was waiting for the birth of a child. Glorious music was sung from Handel's Messiah, and I smiled secretly to myself.

He shall feed His flock like a shepherd,
and He shall gather the lambs with His arm,
and carry them in His bosom,
and gently lead those that are with young.

Come unto Him all ye that labour,
come unto Him that are heavy laden,
and He will give you rest.

Take His yoke upon you, and learn of Him,
for He is meek and lowly of heart,
and ye shall find rest unto your souls.


I was given new access into this truth that day, and a few hours later she was born. And what a joyful, blessed birth it was.

Happy birthday, Annalyn Joy. You make my life better.

2 comments:

  1. One day Annalyn will read this and how happy she will be!
    I remember Annalyn's arrival...
    Happy birthday, Annalyn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Your mom sent me the link to your blog. I love to read more about you and your family. Feel free to browse my blog too if you want. http://marlasworld-jamm.blogspot.ca/ It was great to see you and your little cutie yesterday. Hope you guys are getting better!

    ReplyDelete